As a Help Desk Support Engineer, you will act as the first point of contact for customers to report issues and faults relating to their service. The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution. This will be achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems at the first point of contact and/or escalating the fault. Throughout this process you will remain the single point of contact with the customer, maintaining ownership of the original fault and acting as the main point of contact between the customer and ChannelWorks but providing timely updates and ensuring the fault is given the correct level of priority and attention. This is a demanding support position which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Dealing with incoming faults in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
- Taking ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Correctly logging incidents and faults, categorizing and prioritizing them in the System of Record
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Managing faults through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customers satisfaction
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams
- Sharing knowledge with team colleagues
- Light travel / onsite visits may be required
- Frequently is an SME of multiple areas of need or possesses a certification of need
- Providing knowledge of the products in which you are an SME
- Maintaining knowledge of internal systems to maintain customer SLAs (such as part ordering)
- Handle Time and Maintenance contracts with the same efficiency as normal support contracts
- Act as the middleman to support organizations to ensure client escalations are resolved in due time
- Address product related questions and technical challenges
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Have at least 2-5 years working in a help desk related technical role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical persons
- A+ Certification (Preferred)
- Net+ Certification (Preferred)
- Basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Working technical knowledge of server/storage systems, including Dell/EMC, HP, IBM, NetApp etc.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Competitive salary, comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, LTD/STD, 401K program, and excellent interactive training/mentoring programs
ChannelWorks is a channel-led hardware and maintenance solutions provider. Our goal is to provide world-class IT hardware and support at affordable rates that won’t break the bank for your customers. We value long-term partnerships and helping the channel in any way we can. As industry veterans, we deliver value, expertise, and greater returns for our partners.