ChannelWorks is in an exciting period of growth, and we are looking for an IBM Power Systems and Storage Engineer to join the ranks of our Engineering team. Your role will be pivotal in analyzing, designing, building, testing, implementing, and/or maintaining multiple IBM systems components in order ensure our ChannelWorks clients keep coming back for more.
Our engineers work as a part of a technical support team in delivering quality service to multiple clients using a variety of hardware products. Our ideal candidate is self-starting and works well in a team-based environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Perform storage related upgrades, and apply patches needed to ensure a healthy and supportable infrastructure
- Deliver engineering specifications, assist with functional specifications, and collaborate on technical designs and specifications for storage, data protection, disaster recovery projects and initiatives
- Monitor the performance of all storage systems and respond to issues and incidents by troubleshooting to resolve the problem
- Continually maintain and increase knowledge and proficiency of storage networks, systems, and data protection related technologies
- Provide on-call support of storage systems, as needed by the business
- Work independently as a technical resource assigned to a project or group of projects
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Technical Expertise in IBM Power and Storage, with ability to work across multi-generations of systems
- Bonus points if experience working on System I (OS/400), System P (AIX), and IBM’s Storage Offerings (V500, V7000, DS Storage)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment and adaptable to evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes
Competitive salary, comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, LTD/STD, 401K program, and excellent interactive training/mentoring programs
ChannelWorks is a channel-led hardware and maintenance solutions provider. Our goal is to provide world-class IT hardware and support at affordable rates that won’t break the bank for your customers. We value long-term partnerships and helping the channel in any way we can. As industry veterans, we deliver value, expertise, and greater returns for our partners.