ChannelWorks, a leading IT Maintenance company located in Norcross, GA, is looking to expand our service desk with an experienced Senior EMC Storage Specialist. Our ideal candidate is someone who will be working remotely and who has vast experience working with EMC VMAX, VNX/Clarion (Block/Unified), Isilon, Symmetrix, NS, VNX, Avamar, and DMX systems. This position supports our EMC customers by troubleshooting and repairing enterprise storage systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with team that actively supports many hardware solutions from storage to servers to networking while providing SME level knowledge of storage solutions
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems as they arise
- Escalation and resolution of any issues in the storage and backup infrastructure
- Develop, document, maintain IT processes and procedures related to storage and backup services
- Additional duties include but are not limited to training and staff development, product updates, sales, and operations support
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- OR 5 years of direct EMC storage experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role working with EMC
- A high level of motivation, good time management and organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment and adaptable to evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes
- At least 5 year providing software support for EMC storage systems. Knowledge of Navisphere, Unisphere, raid groups, pool configurations, lun migrations, upgrade of flare code and non-destructive upgrades, CIFS, NFS and unified software.
- Software/Applications: Time finder/Clone and Time finder/Mirror, SRDF/A, EMC Power path, Snapshot, Snap view, Snap clone, Mirror View, SAN Copy, Navisphere, RecoverPoint, Replication Manager, Open Migrator, Open Replicator
- Detailed knowledge of RAID, SCSI, SAN, and NAS concepts.
- Advanced storage problem isolation and resolution skills.
- Experienced with OEM software tools supporting array management.
- Experienced with OEM array reporting tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills